You will be trained as a specialist physician with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to provide care, timely prevention, and appropriate rehabilitation of otorhinolaryngological diseases.
Duration: 4 years.
- Hospital de Especialidades No. 25 del IMSS.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20101128 dated November 2015.
The Specialty in Otorhinolaryngology provides you with theoretical and practical knowledge of research, covering the surgical aspects of the specialty too. Therefore, you will be trained to solve health problems in your field of action responsibly, in compliance with professional ethics and in accordance with institutional needs.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Epidemiology in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a competent physician who deals with the opportune and appropriate care, diagnosis, and rehabilitation and surgical treatment of individuals’ otorhinolaryngological diseases.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Otorhinolaryngology, you should have the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of general medicine: Basic Sciences (Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Pharmacology, Histology, Embryology), Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergencies, Family Medicine, Public Health), socio medical sciences and general culture.
- Clinical methodology, epidemiological method, and basic statistics.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Otorhinolaryngology, you should have the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in general Medicine.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Otorhinolaryngology, you should have the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- Promotion of a healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Otorhinolaryngology.
|SSOR1001||Clinical Training I||35|
|SSOR1002||Basic Sciences I||2|
|SSOR1003||Monitoring and Instrumentation in Anesthesiology I||4|
|SSOR1004||Sinonasal Diseases I||2|
|SSOR1005||Diseases of the Nasopharynx and Salivary Gland Diseases I||2|
|SSOR1006||Diseases of the Larynx and Neck I||2|
|SSOR1008||Clinical Training II||35|
|SSOR2001||Clinical Training III||35|
|SSOR2002||Basic Sciences II||2|
|SSOR2003||Otologic Diseases I||4|
|SSOR2004||Sinonasal Diseases II||2|
|SSOR2005||Diseases of the Larynx and Neck II||2|
|SSOR2006||Diseases of the Oropharynx and Salivary Gland II||2|
|SSOR2008||Clinical Training IV||35|
|SSOR3001||Clinical Training V||35|
|SSOR3003||Otologic Diseases II||4|
|SSOR3004||Diseases of the Larynx and Neck III||4|
|SSOR3006||Clinical Training VI||35|
|SSOR4001||Clinical Training VII||35|
|SSOR4002||Skull Base and Approaches||4|
|SSOR4003||Sinonasal Diseases III||4|
|SSOR4004||Diseases of the Larynx and Neck IV||4|
|SSOR4006||Medical and Health Education||6|
|SSOR4008||Clinical Training VIII||33|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.