Our undergraduate degree program in Psychology (LPS) has held accreditation from the National Council for Teaching and Research in Psychology (CNEIP) since 1997. Training in this program includes Clinical Psychology, Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology, and Social Psychology, with a strong integration of theory, practice, and research.
Gesell domes for our students to use.
Is one destination our students can access as part of the program.
Running at UDEM.
We educate and train professionals with the necessary scientific knowledge to understand, interpret, analyze, and explain human behavior from different dimensions, theoretical perspectives, methods, and techniques.
As a Psychology graduate, you will be able to develop basic skills and abilities to assess and intervene in social, educational, clinical, and organizational milieus, with a commitment to the promotion of people’s psychological health and well-being.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will have the necessary knowledge and skills to assess a problem or condition detected in educational scenarios and apply psychological intervention techniques and methods based on the consulted scientific literature.
- You will demonstrate competence in the field of clinical psychology to apply evaluation instruments and interpret results so as to develop a psychological treatment or intervention in accordance with the selected theoretical approach (psychoanalytic, behavioral, cognitive-behavioral, humanist, etc.).
- You will apply aptitudes and dexterities to evaluate the needs of your clients, based on their demands and within your own theoretical psychological framework in order to develop and evaluate interventions in work environments and organizations.
- You will demonstrate knowledge and skills to develop research, specifically when defining a problem, questions, hypotheses, and research objectives, sustained by a theoretical framework, in the selection of the method and procedure as well as in the analysis and discussion of the results.
Bachelor of Psychology. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090921 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of February 2015.
In order to pursue this degree program, you must have an interest in understanding human behavior in various situations and contexts, a willingness to develop professional communication and listening skills, a capacity to develop critical and constructive thinking, a disposition for personal knowledge and human development, and a sensitivity to the psychosocial needs of others.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Epistemological and methodological foundations of Psychology as a science.
- Biological bases of human behavior and their relationship with psychological processes.
- Psychological development of the child, teenager, adult, and senior citizen.
- Psychological foundations of educational processes.
- Psycho-social bases which explain the operation of organizations and their leadership and change processes.
- Theoretical models which explain personality and its aspects of normality and abnormality.
- Research approaches and methods, and data analysis techniques.
- Various methods of psychological assessment, diagnosis, and intervention in different contexts of application.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will determine the needs of the beneficiaries and establish the action goals specific to the psychologist in the fields of health, education, and work.
- You will define the objectives, prepare the plan, and select the intervention techniques in accordance with the needs and demands of the beneficiaries.
- You will promote psychological health and wellbeing processes in the various fields of application by means of methods that are specific to Psychology.
- You will apply various methods and instruments for assessment at the individual, family, group, community, and organizational levels.
- You will know how to convey the results of the assessment to the beneficiaries, in a proper and precise manner.
- You will prepare psychological reports according to the different psychological interventions, addressed to different readers.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Capable of making ethical decisions in all professional practice.
- Keeps confidentiality in all practice of psychological work.
- Responsible for identifying and managing methods, techniques, and instruments specific to the professional work.
Field of work
As a graduate of the undergraduate degree program in Psychology (LPS), you will be able to work as a(n):
- Psychotherapist (individual, couples, family)
- Clinical neuropsychologist
- Health psychologist
- Educational consultant
- Child psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Organizational psychologist
- Social community psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Sports psychologist
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.