You will develop competencies which will enable you join the workforce immediately. Our graduates of the Bachelor of Information and Communication Sciences (LCIC) program have reached highly prestigious positions in all of the most important communication companies in our country.
The LCIC program has been reaccredited by the Consejo para la Acreditación de la Comunicación A.C.
At the national level in the 2017 El Universal Ranking.
Top-level specialized laboratories, a television studio, radio booths, and a recently-remodeled information agency.
Of graduates find employment within 6 months.
We educate and train you as a professional with competencies to analyze, design, and produce visual, verbal, and digital communicative strategies to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and other players of the public sector and society in general.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To apply the basic principles of the functioning of information and communication in their visual, verbal, and digital aspects.
- To master the techniques and languages of journalism, radio, video, television, and cinema.
- To analyze and generate interpersonal, institutional, advertising, and massive communication strategies, in accordance with the needs of society and the political, economic, and social context.
Bachelor of Information and Communication Sciences. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090938 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of August 2010.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have an interest in and qualities for creative, influential writing, reading, oral expressions, and the communication media.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Principles and regulations of communication media.
- History and role of communication professionals and institutions.
- Group diversity in a global society.
- Concepts and theories for the use and presentation of images and information.
- Media production (electronic and digital).
- Communication processes in organizations.
- Basic administration, policy, and economics processes.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Oral and written communication.
- Communication in a second language.
- Use of specialized software to produce messages.
- Search for information and research.
- Solution of communicative problems.
- Interdisciplinary work.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Adaptation to change.
- Service to the community.
- Social responsibility.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Critical assessment of work.
- Critical thinking.
- Creativity and independence.
Field of work
As a graduate of the LCIC program, you will be able to work in public and private companies and organizations, communication media, and in the communication consulting and advisory areas.
- Radio, television, and cinema program producer/director
- Generator of multimedia projects
- Social media administrator
- Advertising campaign director
- Journalist and investigative reporter
- Public relations and press relations coordinator
- Host and commentator in radio and television programs and webcasts
- Advertising media coordinator
- Creative director
- Researcher of communication processes and effects
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more