You will be trained in the domains of knowledge, techniques, and preventative methods, as well as in therapeutic and rehabilitation diagnoses in face of problematic health cases pertaining to the sphere of your specialty.
Furthermore, we will provide you with institutional conditions that will allow you to go into the rigorous process of medical research in your specialty and you will develop reflexive thinking and humanistic work in your medical care activities with regard to your patients. You will understand the health-disease process as a comprehensive phenomenon that is determined by individual, social, and historical conditions.
Duration: 4 years.
- IMSS UMAE 34.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20110456 dated September 1, 2009.
In the subspecialty in Cardiothoracic Surgery, you will demonstrate professional work with critical sense in face of medical problems of your competence. You will endeavor to seek scientific foundations and pertinent responses to the questions such problems pose.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Cardiothoracic Surgery in the different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will develop research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a medical professional who is competent at carrying out prevention, diagnosis, and treatment actions for cardiovascular and pulmonary ailments through surgical procedures with support from available technological resources and the interrelations between the different specialties, liaising education and research with a strong sense of ethics and humanism.
You will need to have completed two years of the Specialty in General Surgery. You should also have the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of Medicine and of Pediatrics in particular.
- Assessment of patients with a surgical pathology.
- Possessing a capacity to study the patient comprehensively through the skills and abilities you have developed, in order to carry out the paraclinical studies and surgical treatments pertaining to the practice of cardiothoracic surgery.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
You will need to have completed two years of the Specialty in General Surgery. You should also have the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Pediatrics.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
You will need to have completed two years of the Specialty in General Surgery. You should also have the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- A healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Subspecialty in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
|SSCC1001||Anatomy and Embryological Development of the Heart and Large Vessels||2|
|SSCC1002||Cardiovascular Physiology and Pharmacology||2|
|SSCC1003||Heart Circulation Disease||3|
|SSCC1004||Acquired Diseases of the Heart Valves||2|
|SSCC1005||Thoracic-Pulmonary Surgery I||2|
|SSCC1006||Clinical Training I||35|
|SSCC1008||Clinical Training II||35|
|SSCC2001||Extracorporeal Circulation and Circulatory Assistance||2|
|SSCC2003||Acquired and Tumoral Diseases of the Heart||2|
|SSCC2004||Congenital Heart Diseases||6|
|SSCC2005||Clinical Training III||25|
|SSCC2007||Clinical Training IV||35|
|SSCC3001||Diseases of the Aorta and Large Vessels||4|
|SSCC3002||Thoracic-Pulmonary Surgery II||4|
|SSCC3003||Surgery of the Esophagus||4|
|SSCC3004||Clinical Training V||35|
|SSCC3006||Clinical Training VI||25|
|SSCC4001||Cardiac, Pulmonary, and Cardiopulmonary Transplantation||4|
|SSCC4003||Thoracic Trauma Surgery||4|
|SSCC4004||Clinical Training VII||35|
|SSCC4006||Medical and Health Education||6|
|SSCC4008||Clinical Training VIII||33|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.