We seek continuous improvement through effective work teams that maintain adequate organizational functionality, with a full command of the clinical- administrative process, implementing management models and optimizing the resources allocated to a culture of quality and patient safety.
This specialty has a duration of three years and it is a prerequisite to pursue it to hold an undergraduate degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Christus Muguerza Alta Especialidad.
- IMSS UMAE Hospital de Cardiología No. 34.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20171969 dated December 15, 2016.
In the Specialty in Clinical Care Quality you will be trained as a specialist physician with leadership skills to transform health services into clinical attention that provides high-quality, warmth, and effectiveness through the improvement and reengineering of clinical-administrative, management, and resource-assessment processes, as well as through the development of research within a framework of ethical principles and values conducive to a culture of quality and safety.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve service provision problems with participation of medical and administrative authorities and clinical personnel.
- You will demonstrate principles of ethics and professionalism in your actions and work.
- You will develop research that will allow you to make decisions concerning patient care management.
You must have a broad background of basic knowledge that will allow you to acquire knowledge related to the specialty.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology, basic statistics, and the epidemiological method.
- Foundations of Basic Sciences (Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Pharmacology, Histology, Embryology etc.), Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergencies, Family Medicine and Public Health), socio-medical sciences and general culture.
- Mastery of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in general medicine.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
Upon completion of this specialty, you will have acquired the following knowledge:
- Have and apply clinical and quality knowledge to decision-making and problem-solving.
- Manage clinical risks and contribute to the redesign of clinical-administrative processes.
- Base your activities on health legislation and regulations in force.
- Keep abreast of published national and international information in your field of competence.
- Apply theoretical approaches of epidemiology, economics, finance, marketing, education, research, and quality to proposals for the improvement of health services care.
Upon completion of this specialty, you will have acquired the following skills:
- Propose and develop sustainable projects and quality programs that strengthen health services.
- Identify, prioritize, and analyze most frequent situations, problems, and needs to produce solutions centered on the safety of patients and their families.
- Carry out analyses and assessments of hospital processes and implement quality models.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and assess improvement projects for clinical quality, and patient care.
- Apply the scientific method as an instrument to generate and apply knowledge in the area of medical quality.
- Apply quality tools in your professional practice.
- Train, advice, and lead the team work toward the development of a culture of quality.
Upon completion of this specialty, you will have acquired the following attitudes:
- Exercise leadership that drives organizational change toward a culture of quality and safety.
- Promote continuous improvement by putting together and training effective work teams that maintain the appropriate functioning of the organization.
- Practice the profession within a framework of ethical and moral values that promote and are conducive to better health care services.
- Carry out collaborative work for the solution of problems, jointly with medical and administrative authorities and clinical personnel.
- Be innovative and creative in the practice of your profession.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Specialty in Clinical Care Quality.
|ESCA1001||Health Services Management Practice I||70|
|ESCA1002||Quality Management I||2|
|ESCA1007||Education in Organizations||2|
|ESCA2001||Health Services Management Practice II||70|
|ESCA2002||Quality Management II||2|
|ESCA2004||Health Information Technology||2|
|ESCA3001||Health Services Management Practice III||70|
|ESCA3002||Quality Management III||2|
|ESCA3003||Economics and Pharmacoeconomics||2|
|ESCA3004||Health Administration and Finance||2|
|ESCA3006||Leadership and Organizational Development||2|
|ESCA3008||Ethics and Humanism||2|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.