You will receive comprehensive quality education and training with knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to solve acute health problems in the emergency room. You will also master the preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic techniques, methods, and knowledge necessary to treat medical emergency cases.
Duration: 3 years.
- Hospital General de Zona No. 2, 4, 33 y 67 IMSS, Nuevo León.
- Hospital Metropolitano of the Health Secretariat of the state of Nuevo León.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20111163 dated March 2017.
We prepare and train Emergency Medicine specialist physicians that will meet the current and future needs of the different hospitals in the country.
You will use the scientific method as a habitual instrument for your professional development and to participate in research in the field of emergencies. You will develop the necessary humanistic and ethical capacity to establish physician-patient, physician-family, physician-peer, and physician-work team relationships with quality and human warmth in the practice of your profession, and respect for the environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies typical of Epidemiology in the different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You must have a strong background of basic knowledge that will allow you to acquire knowledge related to this specialty:
- Scientific foundations of general Medicine: Basic Sciences (Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Pharmacology, Histology, Embryology), Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Histology, Embryology, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Willingness to acquire skills to manage diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in general Medicine.
- Basic technical-surgical skills of Medicine.
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- Have an attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
Upon completion of your studies in Emergency Medicine, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Incidence, etiology, pathology, physiopathology, clinical practice, differential diagnosis, prognosis, pharmacology, and treatment of conditions commonly observed in the emergency area.
- Care of most frequent emergencies in Medicine.
- Administration of emergency services and management of health team in case of disaster situations.
- Techniques and procedures pertaining to the specialty.
Upon completion of your studies in Emergency Medicine, you will have developed the following skills:
- Use medical care methods and techniques efficiently and effectively according to the individual and group circumstances that you face in your professional practice.
- Use critical reflection as a habitual element in the practice of your profession, applying it to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment resources within your specialized field of action.
- Select, analyze, and assess medical literature of your specialty, appropriately applying it to your daily activities in order to support, deepen, and broaden your professional scope.
- Efficiently carry out assessment and initial treatment of injured patients or patients with sudden diseases, in clinical and surgical scenarios.
- Apply acquired skills and abilities to solve medical and surgical problems in your daily work, always fostering their constant developments and the acquisition of new skills and abilities in accordance with scientific and technological advancements, always prioritizing patient safety for the benefit of society.
- Use the procedures pertaining to the specialty with skill and dexterity in the Emergencies service.
Upon completion of your studies in Emergency Medicine, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Practice your profession with strong professional and humanistic values that will allow you to establish an effective and professional physician-patient-family relationship.
- Join the work team with respect, quality, human warmth, and responsibility toward the medical society and society in general.
- You will identify and acknowledge the limitations of your professional scope that lead you to timely request help from appropriate parties.
- Promote the integration of medical advances into your professional activities and in your work setting to offer the best benefits and lowest risks to your patients.
- Join continuing education and integrate your patients and work teams into it. Use the scientific research method as a habitual and constant method for development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Emergency Medicine.
|SSMU1001||Digestive System Emergencies||4|
|SSMU1002||Emergencies in Pediatrics||4|
|SSMU1003||Emergencies in Obstetrics and Gynecology||4|
|SSMU1004||Emergencies in Traumatology||4|
|SSMU1009||Ethics and Medical Professionalism||4|
|SSMU1005||Medical and Health Education||6|
|SSMU2003||Emergencies in Otorhinolaryngology||4|
|SSMU2004||Emergencies in Ophthalmology||4|
|SSMU2006||Emergencies in Immunology and Hematology||4|
|SSMU2011||Emergencies in Nephro-Urology||4|
|SSMU2009||Clinical Training II||70|
|SSMU2010||Emergencies in the Geriatric Patient||4|
|SSMU3001||Emergencies in Infectiology||4|
|SSMU3003||Emergencies in Pneumology||4|
|SSMU3008||Clinical Training III||70|
|SSMU3009||Emergencies in Toxicology||4|
|SSMU3010||Emergencies in Psychiatry||4|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.