You will prepare as a physician who is trained to meet the highest expectations in biopsychosocial health for epidemiological prevention and diagnosis, as well as treatment and observation.
Duration: 3 years.
- General Zone Hospital with IMSS Family Medicine Clinic No. 2.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120187 dated August 10, 2011.
The specialty in Epidemiology places special emphasis on the human side of Medicine, with a major focus on teaching and research.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies typical of Epidemiology in the different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a medical professional who is competent at carrying out prevention and diagnosis actions, as well as treatment and observation of preventable, infectious, and communicable problems, placing special emphasis on the human side of Medicine, with a major focus on teaching and research.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Epidemiology, you should have the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of Medicine and of Preventive Medicine in particular.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Epidemiology, you should have the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
In order to pursue the Specialty in Epidemiology, you should have the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- A healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Epidemiology.
|ESEP1001||Clinical Training in Surgical Oncology I||196|
|ESC01004||Health Management and Economics||6|
|ESC01005||Applied Computer Science a la Epidemiology||3|
|ESC01006||Methodological Design, Validity and reliability||6|
|ESEP2001||Clinical Training II||196|
|ESEP2003||Clinical and Hospital Epidemiology||3|
|ESEP2004||Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases||3|
|ESEP2005||Epidemiology of Chronic Degenerative Diseases||6|
|ESEP3001||Clinical Training III||196|
|ESEP3002||Field work methods||12|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.