In the medical specialty in Geriatrics, you will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Geriatrics in the different clinical scenarios and you will develop research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
Duration: 4 years.
- IMSS Hospital General de Zona 4 and 17.
- IMSS UMAE 34.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20110460 dated February 2018.
In the specialty in Geriatrics you will be trained with excellence as a qualified specialist with theoretical and practical knowledge of the management of the pathologies and diagnostic media that have the greatest impact on seniors.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Geriatrics in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will develop research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a physician who is competent in the comprehensive care of geriatric patients, in their entire biopsychosocial environment, along a chain that begins in the morphological, psychological, functional, and social changes.
You will need to have completed full training in the Specialty in Internal Medicine. Furthermore, you should possess the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of medicine and of Internal Medicine in particulal.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
You will need to have completed full training in the Specialty in Internal Medicine. Furthermore, you should possess the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Pediatrics.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
You will need to have completed full training in the Specialty in Internal Medicine. Furthermore, you should possess the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- Promotion of a healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Specialty in Geriatrics.
|SSGE1013||Clinical Training I||70|
|SSGE1008||Medicine in the Geriatric Adult I||4|
|SSGE1009||Emergency Medicine in the Geriatric Patient I||4|
|SSGE1010||Geriatrics and Gerontology I||4|
|SSGE1012||Clinical Pharmacology and Geriatric Therapeutics I||4|
|SSGE2010||Clinical Training II||70|
|SSGE2011||Internal Medicine in the Geriatric Adult II||4|
|SSGE2012||Emergency Medicine in the Geriatric Patient II||4|
|SSGE2013||Geriatrics and Gerontology II||4|
|SSGE2014||Clinical Pharmacology and Geriatric Therapeutics II||4|
|SSGE3001||Clinical Training III||70|
|SSGE3002||Geriatrics and Gerontology III||4|
|SSGE3003||Geriatric Care of the Musculoskeletal System and Rehabilitation I||4|
|SSGE4001||Clinical Training IV||70|
|SSGE4002||Geriatric Care of the Musculoskeletal System and Rehabilitation II||4|
|SSGE4004||Medical and Health Education||6|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.