You will prepare as a specialist physician who is trained to meet the highest expectations in biopsychosocial health for the prevention and diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of cardiac problems in pediatric patients.
Duration: 2 years.
- IMSS No. 34 Unidad Médica de Alta Especialidad de Cardiology (High-Specialty Cardiology Hospital).
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120184 dated August 10, 2011.
The subspecialty in Pediatric Cardiology places special emphasis on the human side of Medicine, with a major focus on teaching and research.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Pediatric Cardiology in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will develop research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a medical professional who is competent at carrying out activities for the prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of congenital cardiopathies, cardiac malformations, and cardiac alterations in pediatric patients, with a special emphasis on the human side of Medicine and a major focus on teaching and research.
You will need to have completed 3 years of the Specialty in Pediatrics. You should also have the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of Medicine and of Pediatrics in particular.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
You will need to have completed 3 years of the Specialty in Pediatrics. You should also have the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Pediatrics.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
You will need to have completed 3 years of the Specialty in Pediatrics. You should also have the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- You will promote a healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Subspecialty in Pediatric Cardiology.
|ESPC1001||Clinical Training in Pediatric Cardiology I||196|
|ESPC1002||Basic Sciences in Pediatric Cardiology I||6|
|ESPC1003||Congenital and Acquired Heart Disease I||6|
|ESPC1004||Diagnostic Methods in Cardiology I||6|
|ESPC1005||Ethics and Professionalism||6|
|ESPC-2001||Clinical Training in Pediatric Cardiology II||196|
|ESPC-2002||Basic Sciences in Pediatric Cardiology II||3|
|ESPC-2003||Congenital and Acquired Heart Disease II||3|
|ESPC-2004||Arrythmias in Pediatrics||3|
|ESPC-2005||Diagnostic Methods en Cardiology II||3|
|ESPC-2006||Pediatric Cardiovascular Pharmacology||3|
|ESPC-2007||Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery||3|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.