In the subspecialty in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, you will be trained as a professional who is competent at solving the problems of pediatric patients in serious condition, with a spirit of humanism and reflection that is conducive to patient care in a quality environment that promotes research and medical education within the framework of intensive pediatric therapy in Mexico and abroad.
Duration: 2 years.
- IMSS UMAE No. 25.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120188 dated August 10, 2011.
In the subspecialty in Pediatric Critical care you will use the scientific method as a habitual instrument for your professional development and as a participative instrument for advanced research in your field of specialization.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of typical pathologies of pediatric patients in critical sate in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will develop research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a medical professional who is competent at carrying actions such as prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of problems of the airways, infections, metabolism and nutrition, and cardiac-respiratory arrest. You will also provide neurological support and comprehensive monitoring of pediatric patients in critical condition.
The specialty places special emphasis on the human side of Medicine, with a major focus on teaching and research.
You will need to have completed the Specialty in Pediatrics. Furthermore, you should also possess the following knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
You will need to have completed the Specialty in Pediatrics. Furthermore, you should also possess the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Pediatrics.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
You will need to have completed the Specialty in Pediatrics. Furthermore, you should also possess the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- Promotion of a healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Subspecialty in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
|ESIP1001||Clinical Training I||196|
|ESIP1002||Hemodynamic Monitoring and Support||6|
|ESIP1003||Respiratory Monitoring and Support||3|
|ESIP1004||Neurological Monitoring and Support||3|
|ESIP1005||Renal, Enteral, and Metabolic Monitoring and Support||3|
|ESIP1006||Trauma and Intoxications in Pediatrics||3|
|ESIP2001||Clinical Training II||196|
|ESIP2002||Infectious and Hematologic Monitoring and Support||6|
|ESIP2003||Management of Newborns in Critical Condition||3|
|ESIP2004||Genomic and Immunological Medicine||3|
|ESIP2005||Management, Leadership, and Ethics||3|
|ESIP2006||Transplants in Medical Practice||3|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.