You will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of physical growth and neuropsychomotor development from infanthood to adolescence. You will also identify the biological, psychological, and social characteristics intervening in children’s and adolescents’ diet.
Duration: 3 years.
- Hospital Christus Muguerza Conchita.
- Hospital 25 IMSS.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20110469 dated August 2017.
The specialty in Pediatrics will train you as a high-quality specialist physician who is capable of solving growth, developmental, and nutritional problems of the population, from infanthood to adolescence, regardless of the clinical scenario and with a biopsychosocial and humanistic approach.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to Epidemiology in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
As a physician specializing in Pediatrics, you must have a strong background of basic knowledge that will allow you to acquire knowledge related to this specialty:
- Scientific foundations of Medicine: Basic Sciences (Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Pharmacology, Histology, Embryology, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Willingness to acquire skills to manage diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in general Medicine.
- Basic technical-surgical skills of Medicine.
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
Upon completion of your studies in Pediatrics, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- You will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of physical growth and neuropsychomotor development from infanthood to adolescence.
- You will identify the biological, psychological, and social characteristics intervening in children’s and adolescents’ diet.
- Use medical care methods and techniques efficiently and effectively according to the individual and group circumstances that you face in your professional practice.
- You will select, analyze, and assess medical literature of your specialty, appropriately applying it to your daily activities in order to support, deepen, and broaden your professional scope.
- You will identify anatomical-physiological and physio-pathological characteristics of pregnancy and childbirth that have an impact on the fetus and newborn.
- You will apply knowledge of Epidemiology and natural history of infectious diseases and genetic diseases of children. You will also establish diagnostic and treatment methods.
- You will be knowledgeable about and apply the foundations of Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics, Embryology, Pharmacology, oriented to Pediatrics.
- You will carry out prevention, diagnosis, and medical treatment actions with support from available technological resources, based on your knowledge of the physiopathology of acute and chronic and congenital and acquired diseases that affect the organs and systems of children.
Upon completion of your studies in Pediatrics, you will have developed the following skills:
- Use critical reflection as a habitual element in the practice of your profession, applying it to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment resources within your specialized field of action.
- Promote the integration of medical advances into your professional activities and in your work settings to offer the best benefits and lowest risks to your patients.
- You will apply acquired skills and abilities to solve pediatric problems in your daily work, always fostering their constant developments and the acquisition of new skills and abilities in accordance with scientific and technological advancements, always for the benefit of your patients.
- You will prescribe, carry out, or interpret the necessary medical or surgical procedures toward the best solution of your patients’ health problems.
Upon completion of your studies in Pediatrics, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will provide medical care for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of pathologies in the Emergencies and Intensive Care services.
- You will conduct yourself professionally and in accordance with medical ethics.
- You will integrate your patients and work teams to health education, and you will join them.
- You will participate in the development of medical research projects focused on the search of new information that will allow you to solve significant problems of the specialty in Pediatrics.
- You will collaborate in health education actions addressed to patients and social groups.
- You will collaborate productively in interdisciplinary work groups in the field of health, fostering an integrative vision of your work with regard to the work of other professionals in the area.
- You will be aware of your social responsibility.
- You will raise awareness of the personal, family, and social implications of patient care in order to provide better guidance and support.
- Respect of the environment will be a prevalent factor in your actions.
- You will accept responsibility for your patients’ care.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Pediatrics.
|HCPD1006||Clinical Training I||70|
|HCPD1001||Growth, Development and Nutrition||4|
|HCPD1003||Pediatric Pathology I ||4|
|HCPD1009||Emergencies in Pediatrics||4|
|HCPD1010||Ambulatory Pediatrics and Adolescence||4|
|HCPD2005||Clinical Training II||70|
|HCPD2015||Critical Care Medicine||4|
| HCPD2010||Pediatric Pathology II||4|
|HCPD3006||Clinical Training III||70|
|HCPD3015||Otorhinolaryngology and Ophthalmology||4|
|HCPD3011||Pediatric Pathology III||4|
|HCPD3012||Research III ||8|
| HCPD3013||Medical and Health Education||6|
|HCPD3017||Ethics and Medical Professionalism||4|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.