UDEM's Bachelor in Literature program (LLE) will help you to understand, analyze and interpret literary and humanities texts; in addition, it will allow you to develop a deep knowledge and practice of literary creation so that you can contribute to the growth of a multicultural and globalized society.
Throughout your degree program, you will be in touch with highly prestigious national and international writers and thinkers. Our graduates have stood out when pursuing graduate level studies at foreign institutions: Katholleke Universiteit Leuven, London School of Economics, Universidad de Barcelona, Universidad de Navarra, Université d'Aix en Provence, University of California-Los Angeles, University of Connecticut, and Yale University, to name just a few.
Liberal Arts: A structure that enables students to be educated in a multidisciplinary, globalized environment.
Elective courses and more than 300 additional options.
Agreements signed with universities from all over the world.
Double degree: This is an option that only requires an additional one and a half year of education.
We train and educate you as a professional who is capable of understanding, analyzing, and interpreting literary texts and texts about the Humanities. Moreover, you will develop in-depth knowledge and practice of literary creation in order to work in the fields of teaching, library science, journalism, and publishing, and to venture into the creation and management of publishing, journalistic, artistic, advertising, and multimedia companies. You will be able to present innovative proposals in humanistic areas that contribute to the growth of a globalized, multicultural society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To prepare editorial projects of diverse nature in printed or electronic media, following orthography and editing guidelines in accordance with a style manual.
- To develop capabilities to create literary draft projects that include the necessary methodology and content to carry out research and/or literary creation with interdisciplinary influences in the Humanities and social sciences, and which also comprise the essential elements to apply for financing in the form of state and national scholarship funds.
- To plan and carry out projects in the literary sphere with interdisciplinary influences in the Humanities and social sciences, which aim to have an impact beyond the university environment, either through presentations in congresses, publications in magazines, institutional innovation, and literary creation. Or the proposal should be used as sample work to be applied in graduate-level programs in literary creation or research.
Bachelor of Literature. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20100873 dated July 5, 2010. Effective as of February 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have a passion for reading, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to read critically; as well as a capacity for the analysis, argumentation, and creation of projects; and an interest in understanding social phenomena and their dynamics. Additionally, you should be open to analysis, critique, and tolerance towards the various ways of thinking, and have an interest in participating in cultural development projects for the northeastern Mexico – Southern United States regions and for our entire country.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Literary theory and intellectual creation as a métier.
- Futurology and history of literature, philosophy, art, and social sciences.
- Research methodologies.
- Advanced writing, design, and marketing tools in printed and digital media.
- Printing processes and editorial production techniques.
- Management and finances of editorial projects.
- Creation of cultural and research projects.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Creativity and innovation.
- Information analysis, summary, and interpretation.
- }Proactive leadership based on critical thinking.
- Negotiation and argumentation.
- You will use specialized technology.
- You will be an enterpriser under a humanistic approach.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Research in the spheres of social sciences and the Humanities.
- A profound and relentless drive for the creation and dissemination of culture.
- Teamwork in analog and digital platforms.
- Improvement of immediate social environment.
- Objective judgement based on principles of equity, inclusion, and diversity in a globalized, multicultural society.
- Consciousness of sustainable social development and entrepreneurial ethics.
Field of work
As a graduate of UDEM’s undergraduate degree program in Literature (LLE), you will be able to work as a(n):
- Business Ethics Consultant
- Organizational Development and Working Environment Consultant
- Film and Animation Director
- Video Games Creator
- Radio/TV Scriptwriter and Producer
- Cultural Promoter
- Social Impact Programs Researcher
- Director of Culture Offices
- Cultural Ambassador
- Cataloguer of Artistic, Historic, and Cultural Heritage
- Trilingual Teacher in the Humanistic Areas
- Director of Educational Institutions
- Creator of ONGs
- Director of Private and Community Libraries
- Social Justice, Social Equality, and Gender Equality Coordinator
- Sustainable and Community Development Coordinator
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more