You will be capable of meeting the highest expectations in biopsychosocial health for the prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of cancer patients. This specialty places special emphasis in the human side of Medicine with a major focus on teaching and research.
Duration: 3 years.
- IMSS UMAE No. 25.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120185 dated August 10, 2011.
In the subspecialty in Oncology Surgery, you will carry out educational activities for trainee physicians, first-contact activities, and activities in related areas. You will also establish strategies to improve the quality of life of cancer patients. Furthermore, you will use the scientific method as a habitual instrument in your professional development, and you will establish physician-patient, physician-family, physician-peer, and physician-work team relationships with quality and human warmth in the practice of your profession.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies pertaining to oncology surgery in different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You will be a medical professional who is competent at carrying out activities for the prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of oncological problems in the different stages of the disease, especially for breast cancer, cervical cancer, digestive system, and soft tissues through surgical procedures with available technological resources, with a special emphasis on the human side of Medicine and a major focus on teaching and research.
You will need to have completed four years of the Specialty in General Surgery. Furthermore, you will need to have the following knowledge:
- Scientific foundations of Medicine, General Surgery, and Oncology.
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology and the epidemiological method.
- Fluent and accurate use of oral and written Spanish.
- Understanding and translating English.
You will need to have completed four years of the Specialty in General Surgery. Furthermore, you will need to have the following skills:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Pediatrics.
- Systematized retrieval of medical information.
- Basic ability to use the Internet.
- Basic use of Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Use of statistics packages.
You will need to have completed four years of the Specialty in General Surgery. Furthermore, you will need to have the following attitudes:
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Discipline, order, and punctuality.
- Honesty and respect of others as values.
- Study habits and participation in continuing education activities.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- An attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
- A healthy life style to prevent diseases and enjoy better quality of life.
- Perseverance in your professional development.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Subspecialty in Oncology Surgery.
|ESCO1001||Clinical Training in Oncology Surgery I||196|
|ESCO1002||Basic Principles of Cancer Management||6|
|ESCO1003||Diagnostic Methods in Oncology||6|
|ESCO1004||Basic Sciences in Oncology||6|
|ESCO1006||Medical Education I||6|
|ESCO2001||Clinical Training in Surgical Oncology II||196|
|ESCO2002||Mammary and Gynecologic Tumors||6|
|ESCO2003||Tumors of the Digestive Tube||6|
|ESCO2004||Tumors of the Soft Parts and Bones||3|
|ESCO2005||Supportive Care and Observation||3|
|ESCO2006||Research and Statistics||12|
|ESCO2007||Medical Education II||6|
|ESCO3001||Clinical Training in Oncology Surgery III||196|
|ESCO3003||Tumors of the Mediastinum and Thorax||6|
|ESCO3004||Tumors of the Head and Neck||6|
|ESCO3006||Bioethical, Legal, and Economic Aspects||6|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.